22 May 2015

Blaewearie Dress

Bleak moorland, photography, photoshop, printing and stitching.
Fabulous combination.

Part of a new series of work based on my thoughts about the battles in Northumberland - the blood soaking into the land - hence the red threads, the women who’s lives would have been changed forever by the passing army or the battle itself. Storied rarely told in historical literature.


Again I can’t wait to make more of these - and I have another partly constructed in the studio.

4 comments:

  1. This a wonderful piece of work. I like your source material and using the dress to tell the story is super

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a great way to get more attention to the story - a format usually linked to lighter subject matter. So drawing one in perhaps even more than on a wall piece.
    Fascinating! I will look forward to seeing where these ideas take you.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're always so unique Helen, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That is so wonderfully creative. <3

    ReplyDelete