4 September 2013

Four Months of Journal Quilts

JQ May 2013 Helen Cowans

 

Naturally dyed fabrics and silk thread with Shisha mirrors

 

JQ July 2013 Helen Cowans

 

Using some tissuetex (thanks Caroline!) and brusho inks to form the background.  
Then printed using a lino cut I made for C&G and the new mangle.  
Stitched in red and black silks.  Great fun!

 

JQ June 2013 Helen Cowans

 Acrylic paint on calico and more printing, same silks.
 

JQ August 2013 Helen Cowans

This is my favourite piece, acrylic paint on artists canvas, several lino prints and more stitching in silk.

Drum Roll News……..
I have a Facebook Page up and running and aim to get some additional information up on there over the next few weeks, so please go and "like" me!

https://www.facebook.com/HelenCowansTextiles

NewImage

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:02 am

    These are great! I love the quiet circles and raw edges of the top one and also that faint black line at the edge of the white print on the last one. Looks like the mangle has been a real asset!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, yes I also like the peaceful quality of the top one

    ReplyDelete