21 September 2013

Another book pile

To keep the tidying up energy flowing I put peppermint oil in the diffuser and started on the sketchbook / notebook pile.

Diffuser

 

Or rather, piles of books.

The After Shot;

Books2 001

Took me all afternoon as I couldn't resist flicking through pages.
A really early book from 2000, Motherhood has turned out wonderfully, though maybe not quite as I expected it to as you can see from this cartoon. 
I'll have to redraw with one very special, floppy eared, suffolk lamb. 

Motherhood

Pugin, from 2004/5.  
To be resurrected as inspiration soon.

Pugin

 

Roses from a C&G sketchbook.  Back in the day when you had to photocopy and paste, I hadn't found Photoshop then.
We have an old rose that grows by the Victorian Level Crossing gate posts.  Its beauty is brief, but stunning.

Roses1

Roses2

This sketchbook was created for part one, the designs were used for  a Mediaeval styled bodice.

Still one of my favourite pieces of work.

Bodice Front

Bodice close

 
Bodice Side

Stonewall studies, also from C&G days but later - Diploma in 2003/4.

Stonewall

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful work ..... have you found any you can pick up on again now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:43 am

    The bodice is stunning and I've loved that glimpse into your sketchbooks. Like treasure. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The temptation to flick through pages when you are clearing out is certainly irresistible. I can see why the bodice is a favourite, a stunning piece of work.

    ReplyDelete