4 October 2012

Goldwork Paisleys

Well the last few days, today and tomorrow will be more of this;
Cut and pin.
indian inspirations 10
Tack into place.
indian inspirations 11
Stitch the edging.
indian inspirations 12
Fill with chippings.
indian inspirations 14
Stretch your back (think Waterhouse here).

John William Waterhouse

1916

Or maybe Millais

Sir John Everett Millais

1851

Of course this is how I look when I’m working; young, thin, sexy, wearing a beautiful medieval dress, in a castle, waiting for my Knight.
I was born in the wrong age - I’ve known that since I was about 5yrs old.

With 79 hours of work to date the end is in sight, it should all get put together on Sunday and the courier is booked for Monday to arrive in London on Tuesday morning.

I love a deadline.

Oh and I must tell you that I’ve been listening to the British History Podcast for the last few days. 
The British History Podcast
Its free, fantastic and informative. 

So far the Romans have been and gone and I’m into the Dark Ages. The podcast is one of the best (if not the best) on history that I’ve listened too. 
This guy can tell a story.

4 comments:

  1. Looking good. I absolutely love the images. Why have I never seen them before? It proves even being beautiful and making thins has always been a chore! I am glad those painters recognised it - even if it was the line and sensualness they were recognising.

    thanks for the heads up about the podcast. sounds like something I would enjoy. I will look it out for my next too close to the deadline project!
    Sandy

    PS. you left out tall. amongst the descriptions of what you look like when working. ;~p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:16 pm

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:29 am

    The gold work is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:13 pm

    What lovely embellished work you do.
    I, too, enjoy the British History podcasts.
    Fine meeting you...
    miss winterfinch@stny.com

    ReplyDelete