18 October 2012

38,675

 

I have a task for the winter. To be started before it gets too unwieldy.

38,675 photographs to look at, check the filing of, upload to Smugmug (for extra safety) and print about 1/10 into Blurb PhotoBooks.

You have no idea how long its going to take to upload with the crappy internet connection we have out here.  Plus it “uses up” all the Wi-Fi and makes anything else online impossible, so has to be done when no one else is working / surfing.

How many months years will it take?

Oh yes, and there’s that small box of loose photographs that need scanning and sorting – starting with DS’s birth in 2000.

Not to mention the 6 10 files of slides.

Nor the numerous photo albums stretching back to 1985.

Maybe I should have started a few years ago?

All good fun anyway.  Nothing beats looking at photos of a sultry summers day or DS when he was younger.

A HUGE part of the joy is discovering the ones you’d forgotten about.

DCP_0483

Mums Shoes

That's my boy at 1.5yrs old. 
Can I have another one now please?

3 comments:

  1. you're a better man than I am Gunga Din as Kipling would say ... did say... I have about the equivalent number of digitals and more old "real" pictures and you are going to be my hero when you get this all done. Maybe I will start when you finish. In other words, Take Your Time, Helen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with that! I've just managed to back them all to an external hard drive and that was stressful enough. I have the same issues with our Broadband as you know and although I admire your courage I simply can't face it. I try and do about 5 into Dropbox every day so how long would that number take me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a quote somewher eon my pinterest page which goes along the lines of "tomorrow, you'll wish you'd started this yesterday". No time like the present...I am in full awe of your ambition and wish that I too could get myself motivated to have a grand sort out. For sure, all the travel pics and a few family ones are there on SmugMug but as you say, it takes forever when we don't have lightning fast broadband and sometimes, there are more interesting things to do - like take more photographs ;-))

    ReplyDelete