27 March 2012

Fashion & Embroidery Show

What a fantastic week I’ve had.
We drove down on Tuesday (both cars), settled into the hotel and had a lovely meal in the restaurant.  Just the two of us for once in a long, long, time.

Wednesday was set up day, we arrived at 10am, found the stand and grabbed a coffee whilst we waited for the paint to dry (quite literally!)

By 11am we were hanging pictures and at 7pm, we finally finished.

Back again at 9.30am and the show was live!

The show was wonderful, I met so many lovely people, some who read the blog (hello!), some who have seen my work in Stitch and Quilting Arts magazines.

There are three magazines interested in featuring my work, a thread company to liaise with, I sold five pictures and lots of fabric packs and made lots of new contacts and had wonderful, wonderful feedback. 

I met up with internet friends and said hello to an old friend from school that I hadn’t seen for 26yrs.

Best thing of all – each day someone (and Thursday and Friday several people) came back at the end and told me that, having looked at everything, in their opinions I had the best stand at the show.

It gives you a lovely warm feeling inside!

So here you go – lots of photographs taken from all angles.

F&E5

F&E14

F&E1

F&E9

F&E2

F&E4

F&E3

F&E6

F&E8

F&E7

F&E10

F&E11

F&E12

F&E13

F&E15

12 comments:

  1. Hi Helen,
    Great to look again. I have put the link to your blog in my sidebar - feedreader sort of thing. That way I can keep up with you and pass on what you are doing.

    I didn't think of it at the time, but I love the shelf idea rather than a plinth. Did you arrange that yourselves or was that a detail you negotiated?
    Sandy in Bracknell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen,
    It all looks fantastic, you must be so proud. All your hard work has been rewarded. Well done.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Helen,
    It all looks fantastic, you must be so proud. All your hard work has been rewarded. Well done.
    Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to see the pics all together
    you really did put on a good show and I am pleased it was such a success for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks fabulous, Helen. Love those white frames against the while walls. Lots of congratulation and I'm only sorry I couldn't see this in person!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooooh Helen - I wish I could have gone - 12,000 miles can be sooo inconvenient! :( but have to say that looking at the photo's - only one word comes to mind ..... Magnificent :D
    Congrats Britt in West Australia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning work, as always. HOw I wish I could have been there to see all the detail of your beautiful costumes ... such a lot of hard work you have put in, and the compliments and good vibes you received are well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really loved your stand. I told my friends who I went with that yours was my fave and we all went back to take a second look. Let's hope it leads to fame and fortune!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks fantastic I can see why you had such lovely comments
    Happy craftin (that should be stitching for you I think!)
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw you at the show and purchased some fabric packs from you, your work is truly wonderful. I'll be adding your details to my links so I can keep hoping back to see your work. X

    ReplyDelete
  11. The stand looks amazing - the colour groupings are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bit late here, it was lovely to meet you and see your fabulous work in the flesh, I am one of the blog readers.

    ReplyDelete