8 August 2011

Week three

Its week three of the school holidays already.

I’ve been stitching some afternoons whilst DS has been building houses and digging mines.  Him at one end of the kitchen table, me at the other - with an audio book playing in the background.

We’ve been to Ingram to christen the new walking boots and visited the Ice Cream Van for a treat.  We’ve thrown stones and looked at harebells.

P1020985

03-09-11

We’ve had a paintballing party in the pouring rain…..and today I escaped for a few hours to Newcastle and came home with this….

mv

Photo from the Mint Velvet web site

I can’t believe it actually fits me – shows how loosing half a stone can make a difference.
Not sure where I shall ever wear it – only to work I suspect (I like to dress up for a lecture).  Hoping for lots of dressing up opportunities in the next few months!
I’ll team it with black leggings and long black kitten heel boots.  (As the “Gothic” look is forecast for the autumn I shall be in my element). 

There’s nothing as lovely as kicking off your socks in the summer and wearing long boots in the winter.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:16 pm

    Ooo, fabulous dress! Very envious now!!

    ReplyDelete