26 January 2011

Think

26-01-11

A day for enjoying the company of friends and for thinking about the exhibition in June.

Thanks to these friends I know I am on the right track.

I was worried the display wasn’t going to be cohesive, however I can see that it is.  It will consist of two, maybe three elements and within these elements everything fits.

The landscape paintings are all impressionistic in complementary tones.
The textile work is tied with a common element – lace.
The photographs are all the same size, in the same frames, all nature based.

I very much want the room to look right when you walk in, not just tied together with an artist’s statement that no one can understand.

1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine you being incoherent, Helen! Still, it's good to have the "themes" already established. It will make assembling the exhibition ever so much easier!

    ReplyDelete