17 December 2010

Vintage style fabrics

Another trip to the dentist today, more antibiotics and another appointment on Christmas Eve.
 
Journey down was OK except for 15 mins of driving on a road covered over with iced up packed snow with a sheer drop on one side, then on the other. 
I think Northumberland council is trying to gain savings by killing us off.

It’s noticeable that when you leave Northumberland either north into Scotland or south into Newcastle that the road conditions improve.
I came back via a longer route through Alnwick and I saw GRIT on the ROAD! 
WOW. 
That’s a first this month (I joke not).
They had also filled in the potholes.  My car is very grateful.

Wednesday I made another trip – much more pleasant - I headed north through Coldstream and Kelso to Borderland Fabrics based in Jedburgh.
I did want some more fabrics, but really I just wanted to GET OUT before the next lot of snow hit and I was STUCK IN (again).

I came back with these…

In answer to the “what are you going to do with them?” question I answered “tea dye, tear and collage”…. I got some strange looks. 
Nothing new there.

vintage fabrics

4 comments:

  1. Love it when people have no idea what else fabrics get used for.Heavens your trip there brings back memories of last year,but I didnt know about the fabric place! Just as well or I would never have got home to Oz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I once answered that question with: I'll give them a hug when I feel the need!
    Great to hear you managed to get out and about and also to the dentist. Poor John has lost a filling so he has an appointment for Monday morning. Not sure if he'll get there, the forecast is so dire!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely blue roses! i hope your tooth stops being stubborn & heals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aha! I recognise those Moda patterns - can't resist them, either.

    ReplyDelete