14 December 2009

Biscuit Factory Visit

Last week Ian and I went to the Biscuit Factory in Newcastle. 
Great lunch (they even coped with my diet) and some interesting art to look at.  We didn't like all of it, some was interesting but we wouldn't buy it and some we loved.  Just how it should be.

If you find yourself in Newcastle anytime make a visit.

B Factory 

I find myself drawn to ceramics - always have been - and I find them much more inspirational than any other art form.  Maybe this is why I love 3D textile structures.  Maybe I should have taken a course in ceramics.  One day I will when I have the time to travel and child free evenings I'll do just that. (Only 9 years to wait then).

We came home with this Raku fired vessel by Fiona Mazza.

SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA

SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA

Once home I realised the colours and textures echoed this recent work;

JQAug09 JQJul09 JQjun09

Something to think about - seems I'm changing direction.

Though I did also purchase this wonderful mug by Rupert Andrews, just to prove that purple and spirals are still in my sphere!

SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA

SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA

Playing around with the images to zoom in on detail;

SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA

SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA

Again echoing the colours I couldn't resist a third stool from Myakka.

We now have stool in, erm.... well Magenta, Purple and Turquoise.  What a surprise.

SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA

Just proves you can't change an old dogs spots.

1 comment:

  1. Janice Perkin9:36 pm

    love the raku and like what you are doing at the moment - is it paint and stitch

    ReplyDelete