29 September 2009

Interior Design

Many years ago I started a distance learning Interior Design course with KLC and although I never finished the course (maybe I should resurrect it) I still love Interior Design.  If only my house and budget were bigger I'd have great fun.

Recently I got some new footstools for the sitting room and some cushions.  The wonderful people at www.myakka.co.uk even matched the cushions to the footstool colours.

(Btw Plumo also have these stools - but they are £20 -each- more expensive)

  stool collage

And finally I finished hemming the curtains in the sitting room.  The embroidery is a table cloth from Dubai.  It was stitched to a cream mesh which I disliked so I FME it all to the curtain material, then cut away the mesh.  Simple tab tops complete the look.  We use this room in the evenings and its my exotic sanctuary from the world. 

curtain

sitting r1

6 comments:

  1. Janice Perkin6:56 pm

    it looks really warm and cosy and very opulant - just right to make you feel safe

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely cosy room. I bet this looks fab at Christmas time!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. the room looks wonderful, bigger than i remember. hope you are feeling better x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness, what a gorgeous room. So inviting and lucious. wish i was there to share a cup of tea with you.
    xoxoxooxox xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you decorated the footstools. I'm new to embroidery and always looking for tips and inspiration!
    I hope you are finally better from the swine flu.
    I found this blog via your old English Embroidery History one (I don't know if you'll be writing in that one anymore? I really enjoyed it).
    Kind regards :) xx
    www.stephaniefaith.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. jute bags wholesale, jute shopping bags, jute handbags, jute beach bags, jute gift bags, promotional tote bags, wholesale reusable tote bags, eco friendly tote bags, eco friendly reusable shopping bags, promo tote bags, promotional bags, promo gift bags, eco friendly handbags, eco totes, eco friendly purses.

    ReplyDelete