3 September 2009

Festival of Quilts

I managed to make it to the Festival of Quilts - just.  I hobbled around very slowly and I'm still recovering.

I always get drawn to this shop.  I've never been to Africa but I do have a fascination for it - the culture and the mark making in the arts and fabrics.

SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA

I came away with one of these (this is off the web site I haven't unpacked mine yet). 
I'm going to get some more of this Indigo wax print fabric and do something but I'm not sure what yet.  I want to play - with no rules and restrictions.  You can see the wonderful African fabrics here.

african fab

The SAQA stand.  Shall I start my membership again?  (I let it lapse for a while).  I'm waiting to hear what's going on in Europe (and the UK especially) before re-joining. 

SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA

I do love this fabric but resisted the books as I know I would never get around to making them.  Well......maybe I should sometime if I like them enough. 
I find it hard to follow someone else's designs when I've been trained to create original artwork.

SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA

SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA

1 comment:

  1. The African Fabric stand looks amazing and so inspiring!

    Thanks for showing - I never get to FOQ!

    Carolyn ♥

    ReplyDelete