20 June 2009

Summer time......

But where is the sun?  Come BACK!  Our weather is the classic British "sunshine and showers". 

Never really getting warmer than 16 degrees C and when it rains it really rains.  And its really wet. 
Well, yes, I know that's obvious but this is really wet and cold rain. 

 SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA

Unfortunately this isn't my garden..... nor my house.

SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA  

SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA

But I could certainly live somewhere like this.  Well, with central heating, double glazing and flushing loo's.  Lets be honest - the Medieval manor house maybe beautiful and romantic but it was really smelly, draughty and cold.  Do you prefer colour or B&W?

SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA

Beautiful bunch of flowers in the house.  Thanks darling :)

SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA

Seen from the kitchen window - the grass is always greener on the other side.

 

Tomorrow the new studio..... yes I got in there working on Friday for a few hours...... then my whip lash started hurting again.  No fun.

 

Must go, DH has just returned from Berwick with a Chinese Takeaway.

3 comments:

  1. petoskystone2:23 pm

    colour! do you suppose the manor-born use sheep for lawn-maintenance? sorry to hear that the whiplash is continuing to pain you (but yea for the studio completion).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flowers and a Chinese take-away, that's my kind of man!! We had some sun here today, hope it reached Northumberland as well.
    And I think I like the black/white picture best, very vintage looking!
    Hope you manage to have fun in your studio despite the whip lash, which must be realy aggravating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Helen,
    Ive just been catching up on you - for some reason your blog wasn't updating on mine. How lovely your studio is looking - all that promise of things to come and wonderful projects to get going on. I hope it gives you many mnay hours of pleasure.

    I haven't commented on all the posts I've missded but have had a good catch up. My your son is growing up fast.
    I would not like to live in a castlem- imagine the housework - servants would be requiredand I don't like cold an drafty.Your house looks much more friendly; I especially like the doorbell.
    Best Wishes from Chilly ( this year ) NZ.

    ReplyDelete